Saturday, August 29, 2020

The three sloths

A king had three sons. 
They were all equally dear to him and he did not know whom he would appoint as king after his death. 
When the time came for him to die, he called them to his bed and said, "Dear children, I have come up with something, and I will let you know: who is the louder of you, he must become king after my death.  
" Then the elder said, "Father, then the kingdom is mine. 
Because I'm so lazy, when I'm lying down and I want to sleep and a drop falls in my eyes, I don't even close them to sleep. 
" The second said, “Father, the kingdom belongs to me. 
Because I'm so lazy, when I sit by the fire to warm myself, 
I'd rather burn my soles than shift my legs. 
" The third said, "Father, the kingdom belongs to me. 
Because I am so lazy: if I were to be hanged and I already had the noose around my neck, and someone gave me a sharp knife to cut the noose, 
I would rather let myself be hanged than my hand would lift to the noose. 
" When the father heard that, he said, 
"You have brought it farthest and will be king."

No comments:

Post a Comment