Wednesday, December 23, 2020

The cracked bucket.

A water carrier in India had two large buckets; each bucket hung on one side of a yoke that it carried over his shoulders. One of the buckets had a crack and the other bucket was in perfect condition. While that second bucket at the end of the long road between the river and the master's house delivered a full portion of water, by then the cracked bucket was only half full. That went on for two full years. The water bearer always delivered only a bucket and a half of water to his master's house. Of course, the good bucket was particularly proud of its accomplishments because it served perfectly the purpose for which it was made. But the poor cracked bucket was ashamed of his lack and was miserable because he could only accomplish half of what you'd expect him to do. After considering himself a failure for two years, one day he started talking to the water carrier by the river. "I'm ashamed of myself and I want to apologize to you." "Why?" Asked the water carrier. "Why are you ashamed?" “Because in the last two years I've only been able to deliver half a portion of water. Because of that crack in my side wall, I am constantly losing water on the way to your master's house. Because of my failure you have to work so hard and you don't get the full pay for your effort ”, replied the bucket. The water carrier really took pity on the old cracked bucket; he wanted to comfort him and said, "If we go back to my master's house immediately, take a good look at those beautiful flowers on the side of the road." Indeed, as they climbed the hill, the cracked bucket saw the beautiful wildflowers lining the side of the road, which brought him a little comfort. But at the end of the trip he felt unhappy again because half the water had drained again and he again apologized to the water bearer for having failed again. The water bearer looked at the bucket and said, “Have you not seen that there are only flowers growing on your side of the road and not on the side of the other bucket? That's because I always knew you leaked a little bit and I took advantage of that. I planted flower seeds on your side of the road and every time we came back from the river you watered them. And so I was able to pick beautiful flowers for two years to decorate my master's table. If you weren't the way you are, his house would never look so beautiful. ”

5 photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment